High-Impact Areas of the University
HKUST will build on its strengths to move into a position of global leadership and exert maximum influence in the following five high-impact areas:
- Nano-Science and Nano-Technology
- Biological Sciences and Biotechnology
- Electronics, Wireless and Information Technology
- Environment and Sustainable Development
- Management Education and Research
These disciplines have been carefully selected for their scientific significance and potential to add value to the social and economic development of Hong Kong, the Pearl River Delta region and beyond.